Friday, October 13, 2006

People who inspire me 1.


I've decided to do some blog posts about people who inspire me- something I have wanted to get around to doing for years.

1. Peace Pilgrim

From 1953 to 1981 a silver haired woman calling herself only "Peace Pilgrim" walked more than 25,000 miles on a personal pilgrimage for peace. She vowed to "remain a wanderer until mankind has learned the way of peace, walking until given shelter and fasting until given food." In the course of her 28 year pilgrimage she touched the hearts, minds, and lives of thousands of individuals all across North America. Her message was both simple and profound. I highly recommend the one hour documentary about her life.
Watch the entire hour long documentary film about Peace Pilgrim - Peace Pilgrim, An American Sage (Real Player)

No comments: