Friday, October 13, 2006

Explaining how to set up a CLC

Next Friday Diana Khabbaz and I will be trying to demonstrate to people at the Learnscope Showcase how to create a connected learning network.

I've spent the last few hours trying to simplify the steps of setting up a bloglines account and creating a blogroll.

I've broken it down into 7 steps- has anyone else got a simple summary?

Am I being too ambitious? Should we just show them how to edit the sidebar of the blog to add the names of the people in their blogging group?

1 comment:

Anne said...

Hi Wendy, I have put a link to CLC in my sidebar over at www.participatecontributelearn.blogspot.com.

The content of your blog is important for us to keep our eye on the big picture while we go about using technology in education.

At the end of the day it is all about how we connect and communicate.

One thing I have learnt though is that the timeline for people to use a fully fledged connected learning community varies. There are lots of principles, contexts and skills to learn to take it on.

Connecting and communicating is a life journey, and the technological tools are one more piece of this.

I am thinking about this and will blog about it soon. What do others think?