Why should YOU care about Global warming?
Every one of us will be seriously affected by global warming. Many experts predict that it will end life as we know it, bringing drought, disease, tornadoes, floods, massive climate change, lost ecosystems.
And from sweltering heat to rising seas, global warming's effects have already begun.
If we do nothing this is what you can expect:
* Continuous water shortages
* Food shortages and starvation as farm land becomes unproductive
* Extreme weather- storms, cyclones, floods which bring plagues of rats and disease
* An increase in diseases for which there is no treatmenthttp://www.nrdc.org/globalWarming/fcons.asp
* A drastic reduction in wages and living standardshttp://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20674023-30417,00.html
* Rising sea levels which will cause massive numbers of refugees- Australia could be forced to resettle millions whose homes have disappeared
* Increased conflict in the world which could see you or your children called up to fight overseas wars.